4.2K views

Don't buy a phone from Walmart under the Family Mobile Cell plan.Bought 3, totaling $500 on the plan.

The T-Mobile Concord worked for 20 days. Blown off completely by youngsters behind the counter, manager agreed with them and told me to call T-Mobile. T-Mobile disavows anything related to the Walmart plan. The phone is the T-Mobile Concord.

The people behind the counter were condescending. A phone purchased at Walmart as a 15 day warranty. Any phone purchased anywhere else would have a better warranty and service. It's a shame that Walmart is now losing a good customer over this "blow off".

Monthly "pay as you go" programs are a good way to balance your cost; however, but buy your plan from a reputable phone dealer directly. They are very willing to help you in a crunch. WalMart says "call T-Mobile", T-Mobile says you have to contact "WalMart Family Mobile". No one wants any responsibility for dealing a with WalMart problem.

Not even a store manager will be help you with a phone related problem 4 days past 15.

Do you yourself a favor and don't buy the WalMart edition of any phone plan. They are a great retailer but should "NOT" be in this line of business.

It will cost them in the long run as their personnel are not qualified to sell them, help you, or provide the customer service necessary to sell these phones.A phone this new, without any damage, that still looks new should be consideration for replacement especially when the consumer is paying $45 per month for the service.

Review about: My Family Mobile Phone Service.

Had an Experience with My Family Mobile?

Comments

So i bought a family mobile samsung phone to use with my tmobile service & these idiots wont give me the unlock code so i can use phone on tmo.Some bs about needing on there network for 40 days first.

So lets see i need to pay 30 or 40 for almost 2 months just to get this 20 phone unlocked.

Im filing a complaint with the fcc, ftc, bbb & my local state attorney general office.Please contact me asap!!!!

Awful awful awful coverage, as in WASTE OF MONEY - completely useless.Almost never got decent data coverage out of wifi range, not even from my work office - maybe once out of 10 times I'd actually get coverage and I use my phone for work social media accounts.

Now apparently I still need to pay them about $65 after I cancelled the one line. Virgin mobile had my number ported within minutes and I almost always have coverage, same price.

Can't believe I waited so long.Stay away..

I purchased the phone and plan from Walmart.I live within a mile from the store.

Seldom do I have even one bar of service.

It is useless much of the time.

When going into the next town a few miles away, I cannot use it to make a call or text. Worthless POS.

Often I have to dial the number multiple times before I can make a call. It just beeps once and nothing.

My crappy old flip phone was more reliable.Walmart needs to get out of the phone business!

Montgomery, Alabama, United States #995752

Customer service is rude as heck. Horrible!

I got the ZTE ZMAX.Its a great phone.

Walmart family mobile coverage sucks, if you try to use it on long interstate trips.

It doesn't like being in a house, especially the basement.Works OK in major cities, but calls sometimes just don't go thru.

This review isn't even about the service. Its about you not being happy with the hardware.

to *** #1040660

its actually about customer service you walmart represenetive

Encino, California, United States #903843

headsup.any 4g tmobile phone will work on family mobile and you will also get the 4g instead opf 3g.you get three g cause the walmart phones are caped.i have note3 and get 4g all day long and only pay 45month.

Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, United States #867852

Family Mobile was brand new when I started using it.I worked for WalMart at the time.

We weren't trained in it at all, and all of the information I had was stuff I figured out myself. The service though has been fantastic. Never a dropped call. Never a bad internet connection.

Any time I've had issues, calling Family Mobile (though the hold times are pretty bad like any other cell company) has always resolved it within a few minutes of getting someone on the line. My first phone with them is still going strong (I gave it to my sister and upgraded to an S2) and the S2 was going well until two days ago when a power surge hit my computer which it was plugged into, and I guess my computer sent the whole surge to my phone. I'd rather buy a new $100 phone than a new $1000 computer anyway. No biggie.

I completely agree that most of the people who work in the connection center at walmart are fairly unwilling to help.

I was the only one who would even sell Family Mobile phones when I worked there until they had me train everyone else.Just depends on the store you go to.

to Mallos31 Kokomo, Indiana, United States #1110504

Tmobile gers to my call asap..no long wait times