1.8
Coverage Area
Style and Design

Switching Family Mobile to Tracfone management was one of the worst ideas in the history of bad ideas. The most charitable thing I can say is that Tracfone was clearly not prepared for the switch.

The new website has been both difficult to use (simply logging in is now a *6-step* process) and unable to perform basic tasks such as bill pay -- it took me three days to get the balance owed so that I could pay. First it showed as $0.00, then they shut off the service (why -- because I didn't pay $0.00?) then it *finally* showed the correct balance -- I was able to pay while waiting in line at Wally World customer service. The other big problem with the website is that there is no access to the actual bill, thus no way to see what charges they are tacking on. The old website was pretty good -- I could see not only all charges, but every incoming and outgoing call.

Why the secrecy? Calling 611 is a real patience-builder. The callback feature is a good idea, but it doesn't work. The first time I tried to use it, it called back within the promised time, but put me on hold again.

Every time I tried to use it after that, I received no call. Texting commands to 611611 is likewise useless -- HELP returns a *partial* list of commands, but anything useful, like BALANCE, gets the same 'we are unable to complete this transaction at this time' message as the website. Finally, it seems as though data is slower than before -- I would guess that's because WFM is using T-Mobile's network but is no longer 'their' product, so T-Mobile is reserving their fastest modems for their own customers and giving WFM the 'economy' service. Walmart needs to own some of the blame, since the decision to switch WFM's management to Tracfone had to come from Bentonville.

This is making Walmart look bad.

Or maybe I should say it's *another* thing making them look bad -- they're having problems with their credit card, too. But that's another book.

Product or Service Mentioned: My Family Mobile Mobile Phone Service.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: I had no problems until they switched to tracfone management.

I didn't like: Customer service.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from May 22, 2017.

Comments

Dover, Pennsylvania, United States #1334684

I agree with everything you wrote and then some. The new and improved website is just a joke.

No more number blocking, no more parental controls. "Family".....Not at all.

to Anonymous Edmond, Oklahoma, United States #1344943

No more seeing your call & text log either. Data is super slow though we're now supposed to get more gb. I'm debating changing carriers altogether.