2.3
Coverage Area
Style and Design

I have had Walmart Family Mobile for a few years.I was happy that you can bring your own unlocked phone and the service worked well for my wife and I.

Then the billing issue came this month. The only phone which showed on the bill was my phone, not my wife's. To be proactive, I went on a chat with Walmart Family Mobile and told them of the situation. Both phones showed they were active on the account but for some reason only one phone was on the bill and the bill was about half of what it normall is.

The gentleman could not put my wife's phone number on the bill (again even though both phones were showing as active on the account). He recommended I call customer service. I did that and the gentleman said he would take the payment over the phone for my wife's phone number. I told him my concern was that I didn't want my wife's phone to be cut off because my wife has an elderly mother in nursing care.

I was assured that wouldn't happen.The nursing home calls my wife on her cell phone when her mom has issues and my wife always has to have the phone by her side. He took the payment but it was applied only to my phone number. So I went on another chat and explained the situation. This gentleman said he would be able to combine both phone numbers on one bill and the situation would be taken car of.

I once again explained my concern about my wife's phone being cut off because the Service Paid Through date showed 9/21/2017. I just needed to wait 30 minutes, clear cookies and cache to log back into the system and I was told I would see both my phone and my wife's phone on one bill. I did that but the change never happened. Prior to that, the gentleman gave me a pin number in case I needed to call back in and speak to someone.

I called in, explained the situation for the 4th time and was told the customer service rep needed to speak to her supervisor for guidance.The supervisor was unable to help and recommended that the call be transferred to another department. I spent over 30 minutes on that phone call and I was never transferred to the correct department. All of this while I was at work. 1 hour and 45 minutes between 2 chats and 2 phone calls.

This morning my wife's phone was deactivated. I called customer service using the pin from before. I was told that my account was being researched. After 10 minutes my phone started making a bunch of beeps and I was hung up on.

I called back once again using the pin. This time I was told my wife's phone could be reactivated if I paid the monthly charge for her phone. I did that because as mentioned previously, my wife needs her phone in case something were to happen to her mom. The phone is now active but I told the customer service agent that because I did the right thing and was proactive about making sure the phone line was going to be paid and was not cutoff, yet Walmart Family Mobile did cut the phone off, I should be compensated with a free month of service.

I was told by the customer service agent that she could not do that. I reiterated that I would be changing carriers if I was not offered the free month. I was once again told they could not help me out. Today I am spending time to research other carriers.

Goodbye Walmart Family Mobile.You have a *** customer service team

Review about: My Family Mobile Mobile Phone Service.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Website or customer service, Errors in the system that led to billing errors.

Had an Experience with My Family Mobile?

Comments